I don’t say this about many products, but honestly rosehip oil has changed my life.
It’s one of those all-in-one products that pack a number of great benefits into one item (besides being convenient – this is great for a budget!) It’s hard to believe one single product can treat fine lines/ wrinkles, stretch marks, scars, improve skin tone, deeply moisturize, and treat sun damage. Check out how rosehip oil manages to do the impossible:
Why Did I Try It?
I first heard about rosehip oil in an interview that former Victoria’s Secret Angel Miranda Kerr gave. Miranda explained she applies rosehip oil to her face every night to prevent aging. She also mentioned she used it throughout her pregnancy and didn’t get a single stretch mark (!)
Considering she is well into her 30’s, appears ageless, and her career is more booming than ever – I knew this was something I had to try.
Can one product really do all these things?!
How I Use It:
-dime-sized amount to face and neck at bedtime directly after washing face
-apply to any stretch marks
Known Benefits of Rosehip Oil
- Quickly reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Stretch mark and scar reduction
- Improving the look of sun damage, discolouration, texture, and tone
- Extremely moisturizing
- Won’t clog pores: despite having very acne-prone skin and this being an oil, my breakouts are at an all-time low
- Non-irritating, great for treating rosea
- Contains antioxidants which helps protect from free radicals
- Give a healthy glow to skin
Results I’ve Seen
- Huge reduction in fine lines, better than any other product I’ve used. Especially around eyes and forehead
- My skin has never felt so silky and soft, even from first use
- Foundation goes on smoother, doesn’t look dry or cakey around fine lines
- Skin feels soothed immediately from application
- Stretch marks are greatly reduced and surrounding skin feels much softer and hydrated
Why does it work?
Rosehip oil treats UV damage with antioxidants which fight free radicals responsible for photo aging. Fatty acids, along with Vitamin A, improve skin texture, tone, reduce pigmentation, helps to improve the appearance of burns, scars, wrinkles and stretch marks.
Vitamin A or trans-retinoic acid (think retinol, contained in many anti-wrinkle creams – known to rejuvenate the skin, treat and prevent wrinkles) treats sun damage. Sun exposure increases enzymes which break down collagen and elastin in the skin. Vitamin A reduces the activity of these enzymes and helps repair the skin and slow aging.
It contains essential fatty acids our bodies need for skin rejuvenation and other functions but do produce on their own.
Antioxidants including beta-carotene and lycopene repair the skin, preventing premature aging.
All in all, I have loved this product and am very much on board with the minimalism of using one product to treat a multitude of things! I couldn’t recommend it more as it is inexpensive and just plainly works.
Let me know in the comments below if you have tried rosehip oil and what you thought!
Happy skin maintenance 🙂